Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Pensive

This is the take of the scene being blocked in the post Dad's Desk.

This summer I had the privilege to assist the art director (Kat Sweeney) working on an independent short film being shot in Rochester.

The experience was a dream come true for me, and I really loved every second of it - I was completely absorbed with watching every aspect of the different cogs that come together on the set every day.

I always knew there was a lot going on outside the frame when you watch a movie, but it really amazes me at how much can be going on. At times there were up to 6 people plus the actor in this tiny room.

The people I worked with for those 6 days were truly a wonderful bunch of very talented, kind people; which brought me to the conclusion that I really miss the dynamics of collaboration.

At some point I'd like to add a gallery of pictures I took while on set.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: